There are three reserved HostBridge programs that you can modify to specify directives. They are:
- HBR@INIT - Directives that are processed when CICS is started
- HBR@SESS - Directives that are processed each time a HostBridge session is started and a state token generated
- HBR@RQST - Directives that are processed every time a HostBridge input request is made
All of these programs have the same format. They are Assembler data only CSECTS that have the following format:
When you wish to add a new directive to the list within a program, add a new line containing the directive, preceded by 2 ampersands. In the sample below, HB_DEBUG=0 has been added:
You may also delete directives from the list by removing the line of code that the directive is on, or modify a directive by just overtyping its value.
When you have finished changing the program, you should:
- Assemble and link the program (sample JCL is provided here: asmdirec.txt)
- Perform a NEW COPY of the program on the CICS region where HostBridge is running (your systems programmer may have to do this)
Your new default directives will now be ready to use.